Finished Another Sewing Project
Posted by thedarwinexception on June 23, 2007
So another project is finished! I finished the groovy patterns and crazy fabric little Capri set for my friend’s little girl. This is the one that my friend had to coordinate the fabrics for me. Didn’t she do a great job!!! I need to fly her in and have her put together a bunch of fabrics so I won’t have to keep bugging her. I’m just not good at the whole “this goes well with that” thing.
But here is the little outfit: pants, top and hat. I used McCall’s pattern number 5306, making view “C”, shown in the bottom left corner, for the top and hat, but I modified the pants a bit, adding the ruffle around the bottom.
Here is the back view of the top, showing the buttons. The buttons are little red flowers.
Here is the hat – I think the hat is really cute.
I used some decorative stitching around the bodice of the little top. Around the waistline and neckline I did a topstitch of hearts. Mostly I just wanted to try out the decorative stitches my machine does, since I really haven’t explored those a lot. I think it came out kind of nice – although this outfit really didn’t need anything more going on with it – the fabrics are busy enough.
So, I rearranged the sewing room a bit again. I had a dresser in there that was full of magazines – mostly cross stitch, knitting, plastic canvas, crochet and craft magazines. And now I don’t do cross stitch anymore, I never really crocheted, and I never did plastic canvas at all. So I need to get rid of all of those magazines. I sorted the magazines out and kept only the knitting ones, put the rest in a big pile for Paul to put them into an “I am having a garage sale someday” box.
If you cross stitch and would like hundreds of cross stitch magazines – email me. I also have a bunch of crochet leaflets. I can’t cross stitch anymore – my eyes are just not that good.
So, after I emptied out the dresser of all the magazines, I took it downstairs and painted it black to match the bedroom. All of our bedroom furniture is that black lacquer stuff. We have a big 4 poster black wrought iron bed, a long dresser, and a high black lacquer dresser that’s really just a waste of space, since it has two doors that open with 2 little shelves in it and two small drawers on the bottom. I like it because it has a long mirror in one of the front doors – but it’s not that good for actually storing clothes in. So we needed another dresser in there.
So now we have an extra dresser for the bedroom, and I freed up some space in the sewing room for that sewing machine I got from the Free Trader. So Paul brought that upstairs for me, and finally got it off the porch.
Now I still need to find some bookshelves for the downstairs living room. Then I can get all the books out of the sewing room and it will finally be the way I want it.